Sometimes we just want something nourishing and comforting – a big, layered bowl of varying textures and tastes, tied together with some sort of sauce.
From the bottom up, this was a layer each of:
- Baby spinach
- Brown rice
- Steamed broccoli
- Crispy panfried tofu
Topped with my creamy spicy peanutty sauce. So good!
I’m going to write down proper measurements sometime for this so I have something to give you that’s more concise and easy to follow, but if you’re the type to whip up stuff to taste in the kitchen, the sauce is:
- Peanut butter (about 1/4 cup)
- Soy sauce (about 4 tbsp)
- Sesame oil (about 2 tsp)
- Rice vinegar (about 2 tbsp)
- Lime juice (a squirt to taste)
- Sriracha hot sauce (to taste – we like it hot, so several squirts!)
- Water to thin out to a nice drizzleable texture
Appetite for Reduction has some great ideas for multi-layered bowls. Yum. Makes a great weeknight meal!